Monday 15 December 2008

a bit of fun and some publicity!



Monday 15th December

This is a quick post [I hope - usually I get carried away babbling on]. Today someone called me from BBC Radio in Plymouth. She wanted to see if I would be a reasonable candidate for a live radio interview. I suppose that means someone who speaks, as averse to someone that doesn't. She was very personable, and we had a nice chat - then she invited me to do a live [LIVE!! OMG!] interview at the BBC studio in Exeter. So tomorrow morning at 7.45am GMT, I shall be waffling away live on BBC Radio Devon. How cool is that! I think…

My only worry is that I may make some dreadful gaffe - and forever have to hide my head heh heh. But anything that brings ovarian cancer to the public eye, and makes women AWARE of this dreadful disease - well, it can’t be bad can it? And as I was helpfully reminded by one of my more sensible friends; Oscar Wilde said: "there is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." We need people to talk about ovarian cancer, so no matter what, it’ll be good. After what I’ve been through this year, it’ll be a doddle [she says!]

For those of you who won’t be able to tune into Radio Devon, the live link to listen on any computer, anywhere, is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_devon/

yay! even my mates in South Africa can listen - isn’t technology marvellous sometimes?

Oh, and hilarious thing of the day - I was in the papers last week, and someone from Exeter let me know via a message on Facebook, as I was unaware anyone was doing an article, and she had seen it and looked me up on there - it turns out she lives about 200 yards from me! How weird is that? Her Mum had OC last year in August and is now recovering. Well I hope - but I shall see for myself, as I intend to meet her and her lovely daughter too. Did try lurking outside her house tonight but we missed each other. She walked her Chihuahua past our house and I raced past hers on the way to the shop. Funny old world! Must organise a coffee - all this lurking we could get arrested...

Here’s the links to the newspaper articles:

The Express and Echo



and here:
The Western Morning News
this one is about myself and one of the other finalists, Carly Gardiner.


I know!! It wasn’t as short as I hoped - but I AM a bit excited!! :o)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You are FAMOUS! ;) Keep up the good work! We need you out there - that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's my '15 minutes of fame'. heh heh - but jolly good publicity for oc, as I want to be like Kia when I grow up - spreading the word! ;o)

    I don't know if I could talk to lots of people all at once like she does mind you...but then again, why not? It can't be worse than chemo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it all went fine.. usually if someone has been on BBc radio, they're on BBC tv next!

    Wahayy!! get on telly and thats it kiddo.. Autograph hunters by the bus load hehehe xx

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to comment on anything in this blog, or share your own thoughts, feel free, I would love to hear from you.