Monday 14 September 2009

civilisation..and strange questions

Monday 14th September

Hooray!! Hot water at last! Brilliant service by British Gas actually – the chap arrived at 8.30 after calling me at 8.00 to let me know he was on his way. We now have hot water. And heating. I am delighted to say the least! A hot bath at lunchtime was a real luxury!

While I was looking for something completely different on the internet, I came across this image:

lifeisnotmeasuredbythebreatswetake

Pretty cool…I know it's an old saying, but I love the italic font! If anyone has it, PLEASE gimme! Georgie, this is for you.

And I went to circuit training this evening with Georgie…we nearly died. I am serious. It was horrendous – not going for over 2 weeks is a BAD idea!! The Pain in The Side was having a field day – not nice. Tomorrow is going to be torture. I shall be tottering down the stairs like an old crone. Oh yay. NOT. And Georgie, you were a star – not the best day today eh?

One of my friends had a strange [and upsetting] experience today. A 'friend' [hmm]; of hers explained to her that although she 'knows that life is not fair', she really wants my friend 'to go to Heaven'. BUT [and this is a big but!], my friend would 'have to accept Jesus into her heart' before she would be able to go. I was incensed to say the least!

Last year, my [very] Christian friends, and my [even more religious] Catholic friends told me they were praying for me. People in Brazil had a special service for me. They lit candles. In the Alphington Church up the road from me, they mention my name in Services. They pray for me and I don't even know them! They did what they felt would help me best. And I was, and still am, eternally grateful to them. Not ONE of them tried to change me [I am sort of ambivalent about religion – I keep an open mind, and as far as I am concerned, everyone should keep his faith, whatever it may be, as long as it harms no-one else] and not one of them threatened me with damnation if I didn't 'think like them'. To me, they are truly amazing. And I know their prayers helped me – and I also know that if any of them were at the gates of Heaven when I arrived, they'd be pulling me in there, hand over fist.

Anyone who has to have 'payment' for redemption? Well…I don't think so. I am not going to make a rant out of this, but my friend really DID NOT need that kind of remark. She just needs support, and 'Christian' people should give that unequivocally. Not with strings attached. Isn't that what it's all about?

Here's our Church in Alphington:

St Michael's and All Angel's - Alphington

And now, I am off for ANOTHER nice hot bath! Bliss…

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to comment on anything in this blog, or share your own thoughts, feel free, I would love to hear from you.