Monday 21 July 2008

last but not least...

Monday 21st July


This morning was fun - went for the blood tests and I think the nurse was having a slightly bonkers day, as she accidentally knocked the pump off the needle - this was after struggling to find a vein in the first place, and it being pretty painful getting the needle in. So I now have a bruise the size of a Jaffa cake on my left arm, and can’t bend it properly. Then she had to get the rest of the blood out of the right arm - aaargh. So I came home and collapsed into tears in the kitchen, as I was suddenly totally exhausted and it seemed a bit much to be stabbed and drained, then have to do loads of work, as all I wanted to do was sleep! But, better to work, and I got it all done, so I have that sense of achievement. Also means I don’t have to worry about work tomorrow.

Tomorrow's the last chemo we hope! Bit scary, as I have gotten used to being 'looked after', and it seems frightening to think I have to wait three months before finding out if everything is ok [then another 3 months and so on and so forth...bwaaa] but also fantastic, because in four weeks time I will be able to start thinking about getting back to 'normal'. Hooray. At last; it seems to have taken an aeon to get to this point.

Three more weeks of revolting chemo side effects, then that’s it I hope – how odd. How nice!

Just to say thanks again to everyone for all the messages again today [and the book!] - and I am now off to have my last glass of Planalto for a week or two, as I know that after tomorrow the only wine I drink is strictly medicinal for a while - not wasting Planalto on that! As it tastes terrible no matter what, cheap red plonk does the job!

2 comments:

  1. Yippeee!! The last chemo!!

    Here's hoping your hair grows back as fast as mine did :)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep - yippee! and worrysome too, but I am sure I'll get over that bit.

    how quick did your hair grow back? I can't WAIT! :o)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to comment on anything in this blog, or share your own thoughts, feel free, I would love to hear from you.