Saturday 15 March 2008

step 03. still calm at this point!

Wednesday 30th January:
Hoorah! At long last the day arrives. Off to the RD&E for the sound scan thing.
The 5cm lump had now become about 10cm, and I was getting a bit worried. Dr Ali, a registrar of Mr Renninson, did the ultra sound scan. Oh goody, I could look at the Alien Life Form on the TV. Fantastic. NOT! Lovely friendly nurse there to hold my hand and talk to me, I think this is so that you don’t run off shrieking when you see the TV image.

Packed myself back into my clothes, and Dr Ali then informed us [yep, my darling husband Aj was there, being very cool and asking things that I forgot about] that the ‘cyst’ [aha – now we know what it is – good show] was about 11cm, and it looked as if it may be malignant. But that he couldn’t really say, as that’s impossible to know until the mass [oh yes, there are all sorts of names for these things – cyst, mass, blah] had been biopsied. This can only happen AFTER it’s been removed.

So, ok, when can you remove it please? Hmm – well, you have to have a CAT scan. You will receive an appointment. Go away, and don’t worry. Right. Sure. I have a lump that’s doubled in size in ten days, looks malignant but I shouldn’t worry? Ha! Of course...well, I laugh in your face...
But joking aside, I was given an appointment for three weeks hence to have the CAT scan. Off we went for more waiting.

1 comment:

  1. as a mAtter of interest - this man should NEVER have told me he 'thought it was malignant'. He was not qualified to make this statement from the sound scan.

    I absolutely refuse to deal with Registrars in any way shape or form now.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to comment on anything in this blog, or share your own thoughts, feel free, I would love to hear from you.